003 - It has been disassembled!

So yikes, removing the monitor eh? First things first, lets take a look at the cab;

Image Image

Pretty good condition, so lets go ahead with the removals;

Image
Back off

Image
Control panel retainers removed

Image
Front Faceia

Image
Bare! (If you open the link and zoom in you can just see the burn in on the tube)

My girlfriend was good, I informed her about what to look out for, what not to touch, what DEFINITELY not to touch. Luckily, It was lighter than I though so she became my spotter.

Image
Its Out!


Image
A peek at the insides.

ImageImageImage
Chassis looks pretty good! Not even any real dust!

ImageImage

A68KJU96X - 5G? (MS9?)


ImageImage


So I checked the sides of the cab for cracks, seems ok, I will get a fiberglass patch kit and fix them when I get to that stage. I may even reinforce the sides somehow.

Anyways, next up will be pulling cab apart completely and removing all the electrical wiring and components, ready for cleaning.

Until next time!

Comments