002 - It has Arrived!

So about 5 weeks later, I had a phone call at work to organise the delivery! So on that fateful day, I took the morning off work as the delivery was coming at 9.30am so, I made sure I got a good night sleep the night before and woke up about 5am because I was so excited, much to the surprise of my girlfriend. I must admit she has been great with all of this, she's excited for me and loves that I'm getting something I've wanted for so long, and real different person compared to my ex...

Anyways, so they arrived and unloaded it on the street and left. Apparently there was some confusion as I had mentioned I live on the second story of an apartment complex but that hadn't been passed onto the freight company  So it was up to me and my girlfriend to move it upstairs! Luckily its only 6 steps, then a landing, and another 6, so it wasn't too difficult. I finally had it in my apartment, and time for the unwrapping!



It was finally here! But I only had time to ogle it for about 15 minutes while having a coffee before having to shoot off to work  That was a long 8 hours!

So i don't own any arcade PCBs anymore, so I had borrowed a JPAC and an Radeon 6450 off a friend in preparation for this day to check out what was working, what wasn't etc.

A few scary moments with the JPAC not syncing, but after figuring out which VGA port to use and which OUTPUT to use in GroovyArcade LiveCD, it was aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive!


The screen looked REALLY good, when its off it has slight burn-in but when on, you can't even notice it in full white screens, so lucky!! (Sorry for the crap quality photo)

Image

So after getting that all working, I realised the audio was nearly silent but remembered that over the JAMMA edge you need to provide AMP'd audio. So I looked inside the cabinet, and found this;



Image Image

So looking at the Arcade Otaku wiki, the closest I can find is; 400-5198CE-01Z but this model says 400-5198-01Z (no CE)?

And the only model number I can find on what I presume is an amp underneath it is; 421-8741

Anyways, that was enough for that day, the next step was to remove the monitor... oh boy! :/

Comments